I made this for dinner one hot summer evening, and it was perfect. Fresh flavours, chilled dish, with an excellent mix of protein, crunch, greens and general healthiness. This would be great for dinner or lunch.
What you need for 3 portions:
- 200g broccoli
- 200g greek yoghurt
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- 30 mint leaves – or 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 poached chicken breasts
- 2 – 3 portions rice (I used carmargue)
- 1 red onion or equivalent spring onion
- about 40g nuts – I used toasted pine nuts
- Anything else you’d like to add – I pan fried a courgette as well
What to do:
- Prep the ingredients that need to be cooked: poach the chicken, steam the broccoli and cook the rice. The broccoli and rice can be rinsed in cold water after cooking to help cool them down as the salad will be served cold (or room temperature) so ideally allow enough time for the chicken breasts to cool down too.
- Make the dressing by mixing the yoghurt, coriander, mint, lime juice and zest along with salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
- Combine the sliced or chopped chicken, rice, broccoli, toasted and chopped nuts and onion together into a large serving bowl. Fold in the dressing so everything’s coated, season again to taste and serve up your delicious, healthy salad!