This is lovely on a gloomy morning with a warmth and spice from the ginger even though the oats aren’t cooked. The banana just melts on the tongue after a night in the fridge with oats and chia seeds and complements the ginger spiciness deliciously!
It’s really simple to make but it does need to be the night before. All you need is:
- serving of oats (approx 40g)
- as much milk as you like (approx 150ml)
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1+ tsp ginger (depending on desired strength)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 banana, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp honey or other sweetener (optional)
The method is basically mixing it all together – the recipe I followed suggests adding dry ingredients first, followed by everything else, and mixing together.
Refrigerate overnight and add more milk or even a scoop of peanut butter in the morning if you’re so inclined.