Well, this recipe is just perfect for a Tuesday evening. Enough preparation so you feel like you’re making a proper meal, but quick enough that you eat before it’s too late.
The original recipe was found on naked avocado however I left out the courgette, and served it with an avocado salad and sweet potato wedges.
Ingredients (to serve two, with two burgers each)
500g turkey mince
1 red chilli, diced
2 spring onions, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp salt
and whatever else you’ll serve with the burgers – for me it was 2 sweet potatoes and salad ingredients
1. If you’re making sweet potato wedges, preheat the oven then prepare the chips to your preference. I just seasoned mine with some salt and pepper, cooked in coconut oil.
2. Mix all your burger ingredients together in a large bowl, making sure it’s htoroughly combined.
3. Shape into the required burger shape. You can make between 4 – 6 depending on how big you make each of them. Keep them as uniform as possible, as if they’re different thicknesses they’ll need longer to cook.
4. Cook them for about 4 – 5 minutes each side on a medium high heat.
5. Serve with salad and sweet potato wedges and tuck in!