I just made this for dinner and was pleasantly surprised! The salad recipe comes from thehealthychef and then I served a medium steak on top, with some sweet potato chips on the side.
The biggest surprise of all was how well the sweet potato chips went with the salad. Because the salad is a bit spicy and hot, the sweet potatoes complimented it brilliantly as they were mellow and sweet. Perfect combination!
So, probably before you start on the salad, prep the oven, cut the sweet potatoes chips as desired, and chuck ’em in.
Then start on the salad. The following will serve 2 with second helpings of the salad:
Ingredients for the salad:
I large courgette
2 small carrots
2 spring onions, or half a red onion
1 green chilli, finely chopped
Ingredients for the dressing:
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tbsp grated ginger
juice of 1 lime and 1 lemon (or 2 limes or 2 lemons … you get the idea)
1 tsp honey
3/4 tsp coconut oil (or coconut milk)
1. Ribbon the courgette and carrot
2. Finely chop the mint, coriander, chilli and spring onions and combine
3. Toast the almonds briefly then allow to cool and also add to the salad. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Once you’ve toasted the almonds, you may want to start on the steak as all you’ve got left here is to make the dressing.
5. To make the dressing, mix all the dressing ingredients together – I put it through a bender as I found the turmeric a bit powdery, and this helped bring it together.
As you can see, I then served the steak on the salad, with potato chips on the side.